The Italian Football Association (AIC) has announced the nominations for the 2010 Oscar del Calcio awards. Given Inter's great season, it is no surprise that the team figures prominently on the list. Last year Inter won five awards: Best foreign player (Ibra), Best keeper (JC), Best Coach (JM), and Best Player Overall (Ibra again). In addition, Inter also won the Team of the Year award.
This year, Inter is represented in 7 categories:
- Best Italian Footballer: Antonio Cassano, Antonio Di Natale, Andrea Pirlo
- Best foreign player: Samuel Eto'o, Diego Milito, Wesley Sneijder
- Best Young Player: Mario Balotelli, Alexandre Pato, Javier Pastor
- Best Goalkeeper: Morgan De Sanctis, Julio Cesar, Salvatore Sirigu
- Best Defender: Giorgio Chiellini, Walter Samuel, Thiago Silva
- Best Coach: Massimiliano Allegri, Luigi Del Blacks, José Mourinho
- Best Referee: Emidio Morganti, Nicola Rizzoli, Paolo Tagliavento
- Absolute Best Player (selected from the winners of the best Italian and best foreign player).
These eight categories, special awards will be added:
- The best goal of 2010: Maicon's goal against Juve has been nominated
- The Team of the Year
- The Top Goalscorer of the year
- Fair Play Award.
The awards presentation will be January 24th.
If nothing else, I think Inter has that best foreign player category sewn up.
To remind you of Maicon's goal: